Recently yBC.tv reviewed our performance to generate some data for a pitch. There is one sales statistic that stood out – 40%. That’s the open rate so far for DM emails containing video content presented our VIP player, which we are trialling internally and with a couple of PLCs in the B2B space.
We are thinking the VIP player is the new direct marketing. It enables a salesperson to send a targeted playlist of video and slideshares to a prospect, and to monitor what they watched and when. Like lots of new things, VIP is smart because it enables you to do what people have been doing for a long time, but better.
- You don’t send a link to follow. You send content.
- The selection of content is tailored to the individual.
- You don’t hope they open it. You monitor.
- You send a format they can view easily, in the office or on their mobile.
- You send it by email – which is free.
Working with sales people on marketing project we’ve learned that sales people want tools that help them in the field. They want reasons to stay in touch. Content that overcomes customer objections. When it comes to 1:1 marketing, we think VIP Player does the business.