Collaborating with yBC.tv
A key part of our business model is to collaborate with other organisations. We do this largely online, and only where there is a good “fit” between yBC (and our specific channels) and your organisation. There is no catch, and no cost, because yBC also benefits from the collaboration. This page outlines how this all works.
- What content & channels does yBC.tv have?
- How extensive is yBC.tv’s reach?
- In what ways can you collaborate with yBC.tv?
- How do you get started?
What content & channels does yBC.tv have?
yourBusinessChannel has thousands of video clips, hundreds of playlists and briefings, plus numerous channels and editorial partnerships with business leaders. We’ve been told – frequently – that our content is excellent, which is largely because we will never compromise on a) editorial objectivity and b) production standards.
Examples of our channels:
- Inside Finance tv
- A channel covering a full range of business topics/issues, suitable for business owners, business leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Launched towards the end of 2013, this channel features dozens of experts, including academics, business owners and business “celebrities”.
- Videos are released on the channel daily, and there are frequent briefings and updates.
- Our primary partner on the channel is Smith & Williamson.
- The Connected Economy
- A relatively new channel, focussing on the opportunities and challenges of the new connected (digital) world.
- Featuring interviews with people at the heart of these issues, including tech author/journalist Robert Scoble, Andrew McAfee who is the associate director of the Center for Digital Business at MIT, UK government digital champion Martha Lane Fox, and futurist Graeme Codrington.
- We have a huge amount of material to publish on this channel, and will continue to expand it.
- The Hospitality Channel
- A channel for people involved in the hospitality industry globally, particularly in investment, development and brand management.
- The channel features senior people from most of the industry’s major brands as well as consultants and advisors to the industry. Over the last three years, we’ve produced thousands of clips for this channel.
- Every week, briefings are sent out to hundreds of key people in the industry, including the industry’s best connected and most senior people.
- In 2013, we launched the Hospitality 250, an index of movers and shakers, innovators and disruptors in the industry.
- We have a matrix of key industry partners, with our lead partner being Madison Mayfair.
We also have channels launched or in development around retail, energy, resources, business in London and more.
How extensive is yBC.tv’s reach?
We first founded yBC in 2006, and as we’ve grown the business, we’ve made sure that we are at the heart of digital platforms and social media. Today, as well as having thousands of videos and hundreds of video briefings at our fingertips, we are also very active on Twitter, Google, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Not surprisingly, a socially networked approach works really well when we start sharing channel content. For example: take Inside Finance TV, just one of our channels, where we are aiming to appeal to a very targeted audience of business owners, business decision makers and entrepreneurs. With this focus, during December 2013 alone we reached around 160,000 people on Facebook, over 75,000 on YouTube and achieved over 13,500 video views with very high engagement levels. We are building up the conversations around this (on multiple platforms) during 2014. This is just one channel, but it shows what’s possible.
As at January 2013:
- yBC.tv’s first level network of contacts on Twitter reaches more than 40,000 people.
- If you include our close collaboration partners, our first level reach on Twitter extends to 158,000 people.
- yBC.tv’s first level network on LinkedIn is over 1,000 people (largely people we’ve interviewed, and all people we know), and they all have very extensive networks themselves.
- We’re active on Facebook and Google+, with a combined first level reach of 2,700 people
- We are a YouTube partner, with over 5,500 subscribers on the platform, 1,500 videos online and nearly 2 million views to date.
In what ways can you collaborate with yBC.tv?
There is a large spectrum of ways in which we can collaborate with you, and we’ve not listed everything below.
- The key is that whatever we decide to do, we have an agreement in writing (just via email) and we both keep to it.
- As a starting point, we’d …
- … link to each other on our websites (great for SEO)
- … connect on any social platforms you are on and tweet/share each other’s content and post (great for content and visibility)
- But we can also get much more sophisticated by …
- … providing you with a self service library of video clips (great for blogs and your website)
- … helping you with high-value blogs – i.e. detailed briefings, playlists and resources to share with your network (great content)
- … using quotes and/or findings from your published articles in our material (great profile for you)
- Provided there is a great editorial fit and the collaboration is working well, there is the possibility of …
- … guest blogging, in both directions (for mutual publishing benefit)
- … featuring someone from your organisation in an upcoming interview or briefing (obvious benefits)
- … building an entire channel or sub-channel around your organisation (obvious benefits)
We can also help by introducing you to our other partners, and letting you know about events or initiatives which you might find useful.
The key point here is that our collaboration with you will be unique.
How do you get started?
If you want to get started with us, there are three key steps.
- First, we need to understand a little more about your organisation, what you’re looking to achieve and what’s important to you. Also an indication of which platforms and networks you have. There is a simple form which you can fill out online below.
- Next, we’ll come back to you and agree how the collaboration is going to work. We’ve done this a great deal, so it should be pretty clear to us where the opportunities lie. Remember that we’re trying to make this as easy for you and us as possible, with maximum benefit to both organisations.
- Finally, we’ll confirm what we’ve agreed in email (which you simply reply to) and we can start collaborating!